07 October 2009

Andy Nicoll's puncture-spoiled race

Bingley's Andy Nicoll had plans for a sub 4hr ride this year, and looked good fot it... until punctures had their way...
This really threw me as I knew I only had hand pump pressure in my back tyre which means that the road section would be slightly slower and I had to tackle Pen-y-Ghent lane on a less then perfect set up.
Sounds like one of those classic tales of heartbreak this race brings on every year... we've all had 'em - poor Andy - next year, eh?

Read his blog post here

1 comment:

Jason said...

Just to comment on a prior post. The new issue of XXC mag is out with a photo spread and article (which some of you in the U.K. may have seen places already. What an amazing race. Stay tuned for some stuff from Iron Cross soon.

Jason
xxcmag.com